Hello, I'm Jonathan Coates, aka SquidDev. I'm a software engineer and part-time cephalopod, messing around with various programming projects in my free time. I have a love of compilers and programming language theory, though mostly spend my time working on ComputerCraft and reinventing the wheel.
Here's some blog articles I have written:
- Efficient coroutines by rewriting bytecode (Mar 29, 2023)
- Monitor rendering: A couple of mea culpas (Mar 18, 2023)
- Petri nets and autocrafting (Sep 20, 2022)
- A ComputerCraft emulator for Discord (May 11, 2021)
- Optimising Lua's string concatenation (Aug 22, 2020)
- An optimised monitor renderer (May 8, 2020)
- The Amulet backend (Aug 30, 2019)
- copy-cat: A ComputerCraft emulator for the web (May 20, 2019)
- Tweaking the internals of CC: Tweaked (Mar 8, 2019)
- Debugging CC:T thread saturation (Nov 24, 2018)
- Lag hunting and ComputerCraft (May 15, 2018)
- cloud-catcher: A web interface for ComputerCraft (May 4, 2018)
- Autocrafting is NP-hard (Jan 26, 2018)
While all my projects may be found on GitHub, here's a small sample of my favourite ones.